Wednesday, September 8, 2010

To Warm Your Belly

It's been a wee bit busy around these parts. I will admit that some nights, the kids get a grilled cheese, a vegetable, and a fruit, and we call it good. But, as in any home, the key to being a good "at home chef" is organization. That is why every Sunday I go to the store and plan meals for the whole week. Then, later in the week, I, like any good parent, forget what the hell I planned for that evening's meal.. It's a vicious circle.
This meal was made a LONG time ago and has been axiously awaiting being posted. Growing up, I hated chili. Everything about it was disgusting to me except for the beans. Oh, and the cheese. Jason is a chili lover, so I agreed to try to find a recipe that I would like so that we could have Frito Chili Pies. So, I began searching online, and found this website. The recipe is called "Best Chili Recipe." It's quite confusing, however, because the name of the website is "Good Chili Recipe." I made this chili and fell in love. Jason and I cannot get enough, and I'm almost certain that I could double the recipe and we'd eat every last drop. So- here is my modified "Good/Best Chili Recipe."

Good/Best Chili Recipe

Brown 2 pounds of lean ground beef and drain all the grease off and add to the pot.

Now add one 14.5 ounce can of beef broth and one 8 ounce can of salt free tomato sauce.

Add 1 hot pepper WHOLE (Serrano, Jalapeno) of your choice to the and bring to a boil. When the boil starts add drop 1.

Drop 1:
1 Tablespoon of onion powder
2 Teaspoons of garlic powder
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder


Cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer for 1 hour. Remove the pepper and crush the juice into the pot. Now its time to add Drop 2 to the pot.

Drop 2:

2-1/2 Tablespoons light chili powder
2 Teaspoons cumin
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon white pepper
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cube beef bullion
1/2 cube chicken bullion
1/2 Teaspoon brown sugar
1 pk Sazon Goya

2-3 cans of Red Kidney Beans, depending on how beany you like it.


Continue boiling with lid on for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes add the last drop.

Drop 3:

2 Teaspoons Mexene Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon cumin

Salt to taste


Cover it up and simmer for 15 minutes more, then serve over Fritos, a Baked Potato, or just straight.. With some sharp cheddar, but of course. I promise you that you will NOT be disappointed. This chili is good every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment